Friday, April 1, 2011

Drive Thru Grace

On my way to Bible study the other night, I did something that I do quite often. I decided to drive through a popular fast food restaurant for coffee, a large half-caf mocha with whipped cream. I had been feeling a little tired from my very long day and wanted a quick pick-me-up. I drove up to the speaker and gave my order. After paying for my purchase, I drove around to the window to wait.

Truth be told, I was also tired in my spirit. I had many issues from the day weighing heavy on my heart. Angry words with my husband, worries about my children, the gnawing feeling that I am woefully inadequate to be God's servant. I sat waiting close to tears when the lady came to the window and handed me my cup. But, this is where she did something unexpected. She held onto my cup for just a moment as I reached out touching her hand just above mine and with a bright smile said, “Have a great night, Enjoy!”

Just then, I felt God’s grace wash over me right there in the drive thru. My Heavenly Father knows my needs. He knew I needed more than just a little caffiene to bring my sprirt into balance. He used her ordinary words to remind me that just when I need Him, He's right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment