Sunday, February 17, 2013

Time Warp

Somewhere in my mother's house exists a worn picture of an awkward little girl sitting cross legged on a picnic table squinting into the late summer sun.

Pale skin, freckles, reddish hair and a toothy grin. She was a mess and for years I was embarrassed by her image.

But now, with time and grace tempered compassion, all I want to do is to scoop her up and hug her tight. Try to squeeze in a little love and courage she'll need for the things to come.

She didn't know that she was strong and brave.

Or smart and a natural leader.

She didn't know that the very things she despised about her looks made her unique and pretty.

She didn't know that SHE WAS NOT FAT!

How I wish I could just love her a little more and whisper gently to her...

It will be ok.

It will be amazing.



No comments:

Post a Comment